♥♥ Achaea ♥♥This is what a fellow Achaean turned my post into:
I left once for a variety of reasons from grounding to guilt. None of them, in the end, could keep me safe from Achaea.I got myself busy and tried to immerse myself in RL and find something to fill in the gaping hole it left in my life. I tried not to look back.
But somewhere down the road, you always look back. Once I looked back, it was over. I'd find myself going to the website just to stare at the PLAY NOW button, I'd linger in my writing folder and wish I hadn't deleted all my old logs and other material, and overall just moon over Achaea until I couldn't handle it anymore.
And here I am, more obsessed and addicted than ever. XD Seriously, there's just something Achaea fills that nothing else has managed to substitute for. I feel empty without it, like I might as well just stop living if life-without-Achaea is all there is to life.
♥♥ Crack ♥♥There's a problem going on here. But I can't take back a thing I said about Achaea... maybe it's because so much in my life is shifting, that I need something constant and sure, concrete and always there.
I stopped smoking crack once for a variety of reasons from grounding to guilt. None of them, in the end, could keep me safe from crack.I got myself busy and tried to immerse myself in RL and find something to fill in the gaping hole it left in my life. I tried not to look back.
But somewhere down the road, you always look back. Once I looked back, it was over. I'd find myself going to the corner just to stare at the crack dealers, I'd linger in my room and wish I hadn't thrown my pipe and other material away, and overall just moon over crack until I couldn't handle it anymore.
And here I am, more obsessed and addicted than ever. XD Seriously, there's just something crack fills that nothing else has managed to substitute for. I feel empty without it, like I might as well just stop living if life-without-crack is all there is to life.
I don't know who I am, these days. My entire understanding of who I am and what I want from life has been severely shaken in the month and a half since I began college. I no longer know what I want to study, what I want to be, what I want to do. Everything that defined me for eighteen years is crumbling; things I've known about myself forever are suddenly no longer true.
It can't be healthy, but lately Achaea is about the only thing I really know I love to do. Maybe the real things I like to do have been too far repressed by the things I must do, or maybe my mind is just twisted. Whatever the case, I have a lot to think through the next few days...
psalm 86:6-13, 1 john 5:20-21 <3
ReplyDelete1 john 5:20-21... AUGH, I know. I'm fully in the throes of it right now... it's so hard to find real Christian friends here. Much as I like the church and all... on campus, my best friends probably aren't the best influence. I miss the support back home.
ReplyDelete♥ Els
Are you really concerned about your mental health in general? Or is it just mainly your "Achaea addiction?" You doing okay?
ReplyDeleteMy health in general, I suppose. If it wasn't Achaea, I'm pretty sure there would be something else, given my rather obsessive personality.
ReplyDelete♥ Els
Wow. I wasn't logged in for that last comment, or something.
ReplyDeleteAre there other concerns besides your obsessive personality? Not trying to creep, just hoping you're doing okay.
ReplyDeleteNo worries.
ReplyDeleteMy only other concern would be the consequences of my obsessive personality... on my schoolwork.
MUD stands for Multi-User Dungeon--the category of game under which Achaea falls. I've heard MUDs otherwise referred to as "Multi-Undergraduate Destroyers." That's sort of my teetering situation.
I just read this. I'm a player on Achaea, and I know what you mean about it being addictive.
ReplyDeleteTry not to think too deeply about it. Achaea is not crack although it may feel a bit like it in regards to addictiveness at times!!! There is possibly something going on in your life right now that makes you want to lose yourself in a fantasy world??? That's OK. Just while you are losing yourself, also get some help, like maybe a counselor or something to sort out your RL issues.
All the best to you,
One of Achaea's dragons :)
Hey, thanks so much! I haven't checked or updated this thing in ages.... but that sure helped anyways. I've finally begun re-immersing myself in the real world, and things have gotten soooo much better. ♥
ReplyDelete