I shall never be conquered by bitterness and cynicism. I shall live ecstatically, intensely, gasping always for more and never holding my breath, always seeking, always reaching. I shall always cling to the notion that life is beautiful, that chivalry is alive and well, that romance is not a fantasy. No mischance, no accident, no unfortunate turn of events will take away the sweet pearl of naïveté that I have carefully fostered, tended, polished.
Hope shall never die within me.
Romance is ever just over the horizon; this does not mean I will never reach it. I will walk a thousand days and a thousand nights, pause and scream and walk again, continue until I am crawling if that is what it takes to find the happiness I seek. I shall not allow my ideals and my dreams to be wrested from me. I shall never be broken.
Disillusionment is overrated.
I am not stupid. I know that the world is difficult, that ambition and idealism and romance are difficult to maintain, that some force out there throws everything it has against all that is beautiful and good. I know that I will be hurt, more than once, along the way. I will not be marked, however. I will not allow my soul to be crossed with callouses and scars. I shall face each day and each relationships without reservations, without allowing the past to cast a shadow on the present.
I am alive, and for now, that’s all that matters.


No comments:
Post a Comment